Pages

Monday 29 June 2015

Power Ranking: Podcasts

I like to number things in my head. It is a weird thing to do, but it makes me happy. The rankings are variable and as soon as something new comes into play I start again. For example I will have my top 5 TV shows, but as soon as there is a new show I take a liking to I will re-evaluate. I was listening to a podcast recently where Juliet Litman was mildy mocked for power ranking everything in her life! I felt happy that I was not the only one and established that this should be something I share.

Today I want to share my current top 3 podcasts!

1. Happier with Gretchen Rubin
Firstly I love Gretchen Rubin's voice, I find it very soothing. For a podcast giving life tips on how to be happier this is a must. Secondly I find a lot of her advice actually doable and easy. Little tips like giving people a warm greeting first thing in the morning and setting an alarm to tell you when to go to bed. All of these tips are great and I like her easy conversational nature she has with her arty and creative sister (who I relate to the most).
Click on the link above for ways to download

2. The Right Reasons
I love reality TV and listening to others talk about reality TV is a must for me. Here Juliet Litman and David Jacoby talk about the Reality TV they have watched for the week. I will admit that I have started watching some shows just so that I can enjoy the conversation even more as I know what they are talking about. Since I find this a guilty pleasure listen I can't put it at number 1, but this is a podcast I like to save for myself to savour on the weekends.

3. How Did This Get Made?
Since I listen to most of my podcasts walking home from work, I like to keep them light. I find that after a tricky day at work, listening to 3 comedians I like pick apart "bad films" asking themselves "How did this get made?". I have probably been seen laughing to myself with my headphones on walking down the busy road to my house. The harder I try not to laugh the worse it becomes. Anyone who likes dry observational humour or likes either; Paul Scheer, Jason Mantzoukas or June Diane Raphael should give this a listen.

I'm off to make myself a power ranking of things to power rank, and work out a picture to accompany power rankings... I'm excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.