Pages

Saturday 6 June 2015

The Dye Job Part 1

I put some time aside recently so that I could use my lovely boxes of Mango Intensive Copper hair dye from Superdrug. I had really high hopes for this based on the colour swatches on the back of the box. I was promised that even though my hair was on the darker side I would be left with a bright copper. 

The starting colour



I am not a stranger to hair die. In the last 18 months I have put blue chnks in my hair, stripped the colour and changed them to bright pink and then bleached the ends for an ombre look which I then dyed red. I like the warmer colours! I was armed with all of my tools; the dye, an old vest, some hair clips and a carrier bag.

Hair dye
During development
Application went as expected and then I put my carrier bag over my hair. I used to use cling film, but felt I could get a better seal with the carrier bag. This keeps my dye moist and warm. I left the dye on for a little longer than advised as I like to be safe. 

Once I had done all of the rinsing and dryed my hair I could see a hint of copper running through it and I could tell that in the sun my hair would look firey. This was not what I was expecting however and I was a little frustrated as I thought it would be more noticeable. Hmmmm... I think I will have to rethink the dye. I really want to change the colour so I am going to have to come up with a plan B.

Hair dye end result
The final result

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.